To measure the effectiveness of a Cox Target Media promotion in increasing sales volume, customer transactions and number of items sold.
- Matched-store panel test in 3 markets: Boston, Chicago, Detroit
- Test and control stores were similar in size, customer buying habits and consumer profiles
- 500,000 homes mailed offers twice (1 million total mailings) within 5-mile radius of test stores
- $5 off $50 or more, $10 off $25 or more and 20% off any item mailed in December
- $5 off $25 or more, $10 off $50 or more and 20% off any item mailed in February
- 5,535% overall return on investment (ROI) over both mailings
- $1.6 million net sales increase
- 18,723 coupon redemptions
- $85.40 average purchase
- 7% increase in overall number of customer transactions
- 4.3% increase in number of items sold
The sales increase generated by the Cox Target Media promotion indicates its effectiveness in
motivating consumers. In addition to the dramatic 5,535% ROI, the promotion’s 18,723 redemptions, a rate of 1.9%, produced an average purchase of $85.40 and a net sales increase of $1.6 million. The significant results of this marketing test indicate the Cox Target Media audience is highly motivated and responds enthusiastically to an ad campaign that includes strong offers.